Felixstowe Waves Swimming Club
The Suffolk County Championships took place over several weekends in January and February. In all, we had 22 swimmers representing the club in individual events and a further 11 as part of our relay teams. Between them we brought back a very respectable number of medals with special recognition to the following:
- Erin Uttridge: County Champion (10/11 age group) 200m Fly
- Erin Uttridge & Aimee Burgess: Invited to attend the County Swim Camp for 2020. This is part of the national and regional programmes for those swimmers born in 2009 (11 years of age in 2020). The programme content and structure will be laid out by Swim England Talent team.
- Thomas Boyt: For qualifying for the Medley SKINS event and finishing in sixth place overall
- Adam Spear: For swimming under 1:00.00 in his 100m Free (59.13)
- Gemma Cannon: For swimming (and achieving) all events with a broken foot
About Felixstowe Swimming Club
Felixstowe Waves is a local community swimming club which caters for swimmers of all ages and abilities and as an inclusive club we integrate disabilities. The club consists of our pre-squad improver groups for swimmers who are starting out on their swimming journey, through to county, regional and national competition level. We have five main competitive squads including a masters (25yrs+) section with a comprehensive long-term development plan in place for the club and all our athletes. Coaching is led by David, our head coach, and supported by an experienced team of dedicated volunteers. All teaching and coaching staff are Swim England trained and qualified. We also like to have fun!
Contact: [email protected]
Submitted by Caroline Cofield