Celebrate Inspiring Suffolk Women Day With Free Event at The Hold
Free tickets are now available for Inspiring Suffolk Women Day on Saturday 5 March at The Hold, Suffolk Archives’ new archives and heritage centre on Ipswich Waterfront.
The free event includes talks, discussions and workshops from speakers discussing Suffolk women’s history and lives in the county today.
Inspiring Suffolk Women Day accompanies ‘Women Don’t Do Such Things!’, which tells the stories of pioneering Suffolk women in a free exhibition at The Hold.
Cllr Andrew Reid, Cabinet Member for Heritage, said: “Inspiring Suffolk Women Day offers free access to a full day of inspirational and motivational talks, discussions and workshops to engage with women’s history, in the lead up to International Women’s Day.
“It is part of our programme of events to support the free ‘Women Don’t Do Such Things!’ exhibition, to bring history to life and tell just some of the stories in our archives spanning more than 900 years of Suffolk’s history.”
The programme for the event includes:
· Bridget Hanley: Stories from the Archives
· Nicky Reynolds: Women’s Land Army historian and collector
· Suffolk Rape Crisis: How to be an activist
· Slogan printing bags with Rock Paper Scissors
· Suffolk Women’s stories workshop with Creative Curve
· Imani Sorhaindo and KMT Rising: I Am Enough? Mindfulness For Me
· Joy Bounds, author of A Song of their Own: The Fight for Votes for Women in Ipswich
· Panel discussion: What Has the Past Taught You? Chaired by Kim Trotter from the Future Female Society
Thanks to funding from The National Lottery Heritage Fund this event will be free to attend and the ticket includes refreshments and a buffet lunch.
Tickets can be booked by visiting: Inspiring Suffolk Women Day 2022 at The Hold.
You can find more information about the event at www.suffolkarchives.co.uk and also book free tickets for the ‘Women Don’t Do Such Things!’ exhibition, which runs until Sunday 19 June.